How to Apply for your Credit Card: American Express Green Card
The American Express Green Card, also known as the American Express Green from Amex, is a popular and iconic credit card offering from American Express, one of the world’s leading financial services companies. As one of the foundational cards in the American Express portfolio, the Green Card has a rich history dating back to 1969 and has evolved to meet the changing needs and preferences of modern consumers.
The American Express Green:
The card comes with a variety of extra perks that enhance the overall cardmember experience. Here’s a table summarizing these additional features:
American Express Experiences: American Express’s Travel and Experience Division Get in before the general public to the most popular concerts, theater performances, restaurants, and special events.
Reserved Tickets: During the period in which tickets to many important events are made available to the general public, Cardmembers are given access to a block of excellent seats that have been set aside just for them.
Special Offers & Events: A wide range of exclusive deals and activities, such as sneak previews of upcoming blockbuster films and combo ticket bargains at local theaters.
Dining Experiences: Access a number of the country’s finest and most popular restaurants as well as food festivals across the country.
Retail Offers: exclusive shopping excursions that have been meticulously planned, in addition to special online deals.
Wellness Offers: Personalized experiences and curated deals with a focus on self-care and pampering.
Onsite Benefits: Cardmembers are granted perks such as expedited entry via the front door at Budweiser Stage and access to the plush American Express Lounge, where they may unwind in comfort.
Shopping Coverage: Added peace of mind for all of your qualified purchases made with your Card’s purchasing power. Coverage.
24/7 Customer Service: Customer care that may be accessed at any time and from any location.
Fraud Protection Guarantee: An additional degree of security whenever you shop online at one of the partner retailers.
These extra perks add another layer of value to the American Express Green Card, making it not just a tool for financial transactions but also a gateway to various exclusive experiences and protections.
Who’s eligible for the American Express Green Card
To be eligible for the American Express Green Card, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are a Canadian resident and have a Canadian credit file.
- You are of the age of majority in the province or territory where you reside.
- AmEx Website does not state a minimum income needed for the American Express Green Card
No Initial Limits
Credit cards are well-known and much valued, not just for the incentives and privileges they offer, but also for the increased flexibility they provide when it comes to managing one’s budget. The American Express Green Card brings this flexibility to a whole new level by not having any spending limits predetermined. Your spending capacity on your Card, in contrast to that of a conventional card with a predetermined credit limit, is dynamic and changes dependent on a number of factors, including your credit history, the history of your purchases, and the history of your payments.
How to obtain the American Express Green Card
To obtain the American Express Green Card, you can follow these steps:
- Eligibility Check: Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria, which include being a Canadian resident with a Canadian credit file and being of the age of majority in your province or territory.
- Application: Visit the official American Express Green Card page and click on the “Apply Now” button. This will take you to the application form.
- Fill Out the Form: Complete the application form with your personal and financial information. This includes details like your name, address, employment status, and income.
- Review and Submit: Double-check all the information you’ve entered to ensure it’s accurate, and then submit the application.
- Wait for Approval: After submitting your application, you’ll typically receive a response within 60 seconds. If approved, you’ll receive further instructions on how to proceed.
- Receive the Card: Once approved, you’ll receive your American Express Green Card in the mail, along with information on how to activate it and start using it.
- Activation: Follow the instructions provided to activate your card, either online or by phone.
- Start Using: Once activated, you can start using your American Express Green Card to make purchases and earn rewards.
- If you get approved for the card, the interest rate for buying goods will be 20.99%, and for cash advances, it’ll be 21.99%.
- If you miss two payments, your interest rate will go up to 25.99%.
- If you miss three or more payments, the interest rate will be even higher at 28.99%.
- For more details on what counts as a “missed payment,” check the information that comes with your application.
As for insurance:
- The insurance that comes with the card has its own rules and conditions.
- There might be some things that the insurance won’t cover, so make sure to read the insurance documents carefully.
- If you live in Quebec, there’s a special Insurance Summary and Fact Sheet you should read.
Fees you should be aware of:
- Funds Advance: You’ll be charged $2.75 every time you take out cash.
- Dishonoured Payment: If a payment you make doesn’t go through, you’ll be charged $45.
- Statement Reprint: If you need another copy of your statement, it’ll cost you $3 each time.
- Points Reinstatement: If you want to get back any lost points, it’ll cost $20 if you do it online, or $30 if you use other methods. Taxes are extra.
- Overlimit: If you spend more than your credit limit, you’ll be charged $29. You’ll keep getting charged this fee at the end of each billing cycle if you stay over the limit. (This doesn’t apply if you live in Quebec.)
- Balance Transfer/Amex Cheque: If you transfer a balance or use an Amex cheque, you’ll be charged up to 3% of the amount, unless there’s a special offer.
- Installment Program: If you move a balance to a monthly payment plan, you’ll be charged a monthly fee of up to 1.2% of that balance. The fee will keep being charged as long as the plan is active.
- Credit Balance Inactivity: If you don’t use your account for a year and have a credit balance, you’ll be charged a fee. The fee is either $10 or the amount of your credit balance, whichever is less. But the company might decide to waive this fee.
In spite of the fact that it is frequently overshadowed by its more popular siblings, the American Express Green Card offers a one-of-a-kind set of benefits that can significantly reward users who align their spending with the categories that it specifies. The American Express Green Card is a credit card that reveals itself to be a hidden treasure in the world of credit cards thanks to its clever multipliers, significant redemption choices, and attractive introductory bonus. It is designed to meet the needs of shrewd shoppers and regular fliers alike.
How to Contact American Express Canada
For inquiries related to Personal Cards: Call 1-800-567-2639.
For Small Business Cards: Call 1-877-891-0821.
Chat Support is available from 9 am to 5 pm EST, seven days a week, through your online account.
To access chat support, visit American Express Online Services.
If you do not have an account, you can create one on the American Express website.
For any other inquiries, please visit the American Express website.